Benefits of Slate
One of the many benefits of slate flagstone is its versatility and beauty. It can be cut in a variety of thicknesses, shapes, and sizes without losing its natural variation and luster. Buckingham Slate in particular is known for its rich, blue-black hue that complements every taste. So, whether you want sleek, geometrical shapes or a cottage-inspired irregular pattern, slate flagstone can provide you with the look you want.
In addition to its aesthetic benefits, slate is also hardy. It boasts exceptional resistance to staining and water damage, making it the ideal choice for outdoor hardscape features. Thanks to its ability to withstand the elements, slate is extremely durable. When properly installed and cared for, slate flagstone can last up to one hundred years. Slate isn’t just an investment in the look of your home (although we all agree that’s important!) It’s also an investment in the structural integrity of your outdoor hardscapes.
Types of Slate Flagstone
Buckingham Slate flagstone is unparalleled in its ability to provide an undeniably distinct aesthetic for patios, walkways, driveways, and more. Buckingham Slate offers four different flagstone products to meet your needs.
- Dimensional Flagstone: Cut square using lasers and diamond blade saws, this geometric slate flagstone offers the perfect marriage of natural textures and clean lines.
- Irregular Flagstone: For a rustic look, select irregular and large irregular slate flagstone. The natural shapes will complement your pastoral outdoor patio or walkway.
- Mosaic Flagstone/Dry Stack Wall Stone: These versatile, small flagstones are perfect for small walkways and garden walls.
- Pathway Flagstone: Buckingham Slate Pathway Flagstone walkways and pathways are a charming, natural choice for creating navigation in any landscape.
In addition to slate flagstones, Boxley Block, Brick and Hardscapes carries a number of Buckingham Slate flagstone accessories including slate pillar caps, slate wall caps, slate stairs and treads, and slate steppers to complete your look.
5 Ways to Use Slate Flagstone for Your Landscaping
Not sure of the best way to incorporate the benefits of slate flagstones into your next landscaping project? The only limit is your imagination, but we’ve gathered our top five options to get you started.
- Create a patio that’s unique to you
With Buckingham Slate flagstone, you can design a patio that’s perfect for your taste and lifestyle. Choose dimensional flagstone for a more formal space or irregular flagstone to highlight the rustic charm of your favorite outdoor hangout.
- Design an elegant walkway
Paving a walkway through your garden not only adds charm but also increases accessibility. Slate flagstone is naturally slip-resistant thanks to its natural texture and water resistance.
- Guide the way with stepping stones
If a fully-paved walkway isn’t your style, consider installing slate flagstone stepping stones. Stepping stones are a more affordable option to creating paths and a touch more whimsical too.
- Construct a one-of-a-kind retaining wall
Many people don’t think of slate flagstone as a building material for retaining walls, which is why you’ll stand out from the neighbors! Dry stack wall stones are perfect for low retaining walls with tons of character.
- Elevate your garden with flagstone edging
Consider using small slate flagstones as edging for your flowerbeds and gardens. This extra detail will add polish and style while maintaining a beautiful natural aesthetic.
Contact Boxley Block, Brick and Hardscapes
Boxley Block, Brick and Hardscapes is proud to bring the beauty and durability of Buckingham Slate products to Roanoke and Lynchburg. Whether you’re looking for a slate flagstone patio, or the perfect slate retaining wall, we can help. Contact us to speak with a member of our team today.